Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Week nine- Where did that time go!

20- Now how can you not love Youtube, endless hours of fun to be had there, from nutbars wailing about the innocence of Britanny to synchronised dancing to Thriller at a wedding. Magic!
21- Podcasts. Lots of useful library applications here. I love the libraries I have seen who are posting up talks and events etc. You always have a few people who cannot make it on the night and ask when it is going to be run again. Also great for training purposes too.
22- Downloadable audio books. Fabulous stuff, we have just been experimenting with potential formats for MP3 audio collections and the idea of patrons downloading themselves is just too easy!
23- Reflection- The end! It cannot be! Well now I have experienced this whole program as a kind of sampler. I have had the opportunity to dabble in things that I had not experienced (or even heard about) before and while do not consider myself to be an expert in any, merely knowing the existance of such things is a massive eye opener. Just like a whirlwind Contacky tour I can go back and explore at leisure the places which I feel could be useful. Signing off from the very elusively named Katie the Monash Librarian :O)

No comments: